I am cooking my way around the world. By this I mean, I am going to be cooking a meal from every country in the world in a year. 195 countries in 365 days! Bring on the food!
To fulfill this goal, I will be attempting to cook meals from 3 or 4 countries a week. I will be going through the countries in alphabetical order to ensure that I do not miss any… Sorry Zimbabwe, it’ll be a long time before I get to you. I will be posting the recipe that I followed for each meal as well as mine and my husbands reviews. Therefore, if you’d like, you can cook your way around the world with us.
Now, a bit about myself.
- I am a girl who loves to cook, and I am married to a guy who loves to eat. We’re the perfect match. We will be embarking on this adventure “around the world”; trying out new foods and discovering new favourites together.
- I am Canadian.
- I am currently a college student. It will be a bit tricky to balance my school work, social life, and now this, but I am up for the challenge.
- I was possibly THE pickiest eater growing up. There were probably more foods that I disliked than ones that I liked. I am now trying to expand my horizons by trying new foods. Although, trying new things has not always turned out in my favour. The most gross dish I have ever tried was mondongo, which I ate while in Colombia in 2012. Mondongo is cow stomach soup. But the common way to prepare it in the area I was in is to just take the stomach and its contents and make soup from it. It tasted like a barn. *Spoiler alert* I will NOT be making mondongo as the meal for Colombia.
- I absolutely love to travel and hope to be able to travel more in the future. I have been to the United States, the Bahamas, Colombia, and Ireland. My top desired travel destinations are Greece, Italy, and Australia.
- Some of my other favourite things to do, besides cooking are, playing board/card games, watching movies, and crafting.
- My current favourite food is any form of pasta. It is my staple food.
… I ran out of things to say…. Awkward.